One of my 30 goals that I did not accomplish was to get to a healthy weight. I am a bit disappointed in myself about it as I think I am at my heaviest so far. (I will save my weight journey story for another time.) Hubs and I have joined our local YMCA and we make sure to attend the Sunday spin class. We’re both are trying to squeeze in more time in the gym but it is a challenge as we’re both trying to find our rhythm with getting out of the office on time.
I do blogilates workouts occasionally off of youtube and saw that Cassey Ho started a new 28 day program that launched March 1st. It is March 6 and I haven’t seen too many reviews about it, so I decided to bite the bullet and just purchase the PIIT28 v1.0 Program. It’s a 28 day program that mixes pilates moves with high intensity interval training (HIIT).
I am excited about:
- The workouts are short (28 mins!!!) and full of dynamic moves
- The fact that the workouts don’t require equipment. I don’t have to worry about driving to the gym.
- The community on instagram appears to be encouraging and tightly knit
Things I think needs to improve:
- There is a pre-workout and post-workout stretch that is currently only in eBook format. It would be nice to have in video form.
- The discussion forum isn’t really a forum. It appears to be like a comments section of a blog post. I would prefer if it’s like an actual discussion board (with categories and topic posts) or be like a facebook group where you can search for discussions.
- The lack of discussion forum style, makes me worry that conversations won’t be fostered and discussions will just die.
- It would be cool if this were an app. So that the community can be fostered in our own space.
- Meetups to find other PIITPrincesses (or PIITPrinces) in our area.
I am apprehensive about:
- I don’t know if its apparent, but I am very wary of the community. I really need an accountablity partner which is hard because I still haven’t made any real friends since I moved to the Bay area.
- I worry that I may not go through the 28 day reset like I do with every failed diet. Again, this is tied to having an accountability partner. I wish Oprah was my accountability partner, but she’s too busy eating bread with WeightWatchers and bread is against the 28 day reset rules.
Well good luck to me! And good luck to any other PIITPricesses and PIITPrinces out there!
Thank you for your review! I bought PIIT28 as well. So far I like it, but you’re right…very hard to keep doing it without a proper forum/motivational partner.March 16, 2016 at 5:35 am
But that’s just me :p
I’ve started this a couple weeks ago. I’ve had trouble staying on track every day with the exercise as I already eat healthy. I’m excited to give it another go!April 5, 2016 at 2:26 pm